The EuroVelo booth
EuroVelo will await visitors at ITB Berlin 2020 in a booth much bigger than in previous years (24 m²), shared with partners from the EuroVelo 1 - Atlantic Coast Route AtlanticOnBike project and the EuroVelo 13 - Iron Curtain Trail Interreg Slovakia-Austria project.
This year's ITB is also supported by the EuroVelo 8 - Mediterranean Route MEDCYCLETOUR project and the EuroVelo 15 - Rhine Cycle Route and EuroVelo 19 - Meuse Cycle Route long-term management agreements.
Come and visit us at the booth n°241 in Hall 4.1b!
The main highlight of the event will be the release of the new printed overview map of the whole EuroVelo network, realised in the last few months with the collaboration of all National EuroVelo Coordination Centres and Coordinators. The new map presents an overview of the 16 EuroVelo routes on a detailed European map layer, showing the level of development of each route (more information on this topic can be found in our FAQs).
Additionally, this year's ITB will include the launchs of the new developed EuroVelo 1 - Atlantic Coast Route transnational website and the EuroVelo 8 - Mediterranean Route promotional brochure, a handbook of around 100 pages providing a plethora of information to cycle tourists interested in exploring this route, such as tourist information centres, bike repair shops, points of interest along the route, etc.
Cycling Tourism Day
For the third year in a row, EuroVelo will organise the Cycling Tourism Day in Adventure Hall 4.1, in collaboration with ADFC.
This day full of presentations and discussions with leading experts from ECF, ADFC and other cycling and tourism organisations will include a panel discussion on the development of cycling tourism in natural areas, linked to the ongoing ECO-CICLE project. The Cycling Tourism Day is also the occasion to highlight successful long-term developments such as EuroVelo 15 – Rhine Cycle Route and EuroVelo 19 – Meuse Cycle Route.
Please find below the programme of this year's Cycling Tourism Day:
11.00 > 12.00 - MAIN STAGE
Making a difference: Cycling Tourism in Numbers
- Ed Lancaster, Senior Policy Officer, ECF
- Fong Choo Leong, Bicycle Tourism Officer, ADFC
- Jesper Pørksen, Director, Danish Cycle Tourism
- Daniela Serrão, Technician in Public Transport and Soft Mobility, AMAL - Comunidade Intermunicipal do Algarve, Portugal
+ EuroVelo Announcements
Moderator: Frank Hofmann, ADFC Deputy Chairman
Visitors will be welcomed for a networking lunch as part of the Cycling Tourism Day from 12.00 to 13.00 at the EuroVelo booth (Hall 4.1b, booth no. 241).
13.00 > 14.30 - ADVENTURE STAGE (Pow-wow Stage)
13.00 > 13.30: Combining cycling tourism with cultural and natural heritage sites
- EuroVelo 13 – Iron Curtain Trail on the Slovakia-Austria border (Dominik Hiller, Project Manager for cycling tourism, Weinviertel Tourismus GmbH)
- ECOC-ICLE: European network for the promotion of cycle tourism in natural areas (Katarzyna Rzemykowska, Marshal’s Office of Kujawsko Pomorskie Voivodeship)
- EuroVelo 15 - Rhine Cycle Route, and EuroVelo 19 - Meuse Cycle Route (Eric Nijland, Director, Fietsplatform)
13.30 > 14.00: Alpine crossing: Cycle route Munich – Venezia. An example of successful trinational cooperation
- Dr. Andreas Wüstefeld, Managing Director, DMO Tölzer Land Tourismus
- Claudia Tscherne, Founder of “Weitblick Beratung und Marketing” and “Alps 2 Adria Touristik”
- Dr. Marco Oss, President of Adria Bikes Hotel
14.00 > 14.30: Cycling tourism in coastal regions
- AtlanticOnBike (EuroVelo 1 - Atlantic Coast Route) project (Michael Carty, Senior Executive Engineer, Sligo County Council, Ireland)
- MEDYCLETOUR (EuroVelo 8 - Mediterranean Route) project (Dr. Evangelos Mourelatos, Region of Western Greece)
- Biking South Baltic (EuroVelo 10 - Baltic Sea Cycle Route) project (Łukasz Magrian, General Manager, Pomorskie Tourist Board)
14.30 > 15:00: Iranian Coast to Coast by bicycle
- Cycling from the Persian Gulf to the Caspian Sea (Bernard Phelan, European Marketing Manager, Caravan Kooch Adventure Travel, Iran)
15.00 > 15:30: Discover unassisted ultra-cycling race
- The game changer of adventure cycling tourism (Axel Carion, Explorer and Chief Executive Officer, BikingMan, France)
15.30 > 16:00: WORKSHOP
- Adventure travel with E-Bikes around the world – Project E-Traction “The Trip” (Susanne Brüsch, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Pedelec Adventures; E-Bike Ambassador, Germany)
16.00 > 16:30: Sustainable mobility in tourism
- Showcasing the North Sea Region Wadden Sea (Dr. Johannes Theissen, Project Manager, Die Nordsee GmbH, Germany)
Organised and supported by: