The EuroVelo & Cycling Tourism Conference gathers all those involved in the cycling tourism sector – destination managers, cycling tourism experts, universities and academia, tourism officials, public authorities, user representatives, tour operators, public transport companies, representatives of accommodation providers, and more.
The EuroVelo Conference is held annually from 2023 onwards due to steadily increasing attendance and interest. The event is organised by ECF in partnership with a host city or region situated along a EuroVelo route.
The objectives of the EuroVelo Conference are:
- Transfer and exchange high-quality knowledge and expertise on cycling and tourism
- Raise awareness of EuroVelo and contribute to the realisation of comprehensive cycle route networks
- Encourage the recognition of cycling tourism as top-priority type of tourism and economic activity
- Highlight the benefits of cycle route networks and cycling tourism in the host city/region
- Integrate EuroVelo and cycling tourism into all relevant policy sectors
- Seek involvement from all relevant stakeholders
- Involve and support local cycling associations and civil society organisations.
The event features an exciting mixture of sessions where the focus is on dialogue, participation, and information exchange. Plenary sessions, panel discussions, workshops, social events and technical visits make up a lively and enticing programme.
The EuroVelo & Cycling Tourism Conference 2023 recently took place in Izmir, Türkiye from 11 to 13 October 2023. Read more about it in an article.
The next EuroVelo & Cycling Tourism Conference will take place in Viborg, Denmark from 23 to 25 September 2024.
Save the date and take a look at what awaits you on the website or the video below!
A call for applications to host the event in 2025 is currently open and bids are accepted until 31 January 2024!
Find more information about the previous editions of the EuroVelo Conference at the links below.