Transdanube.Pearls - EuroVelo 6
The Transdanube.Pearls project, in which ECF was a subcontractor, ran from January 2017 to July 2019 and was co-funded by the Iterreg Danube Transnational Programme.
With an overall budget of almost 3,000,000 €, the project's priority was to build a better connected and energy responsible Danube region, and its specific objective was to support environmentally-friendly and safe transport systems and balanced accessibility of urban and rural areas.
The central element of the project was the establishment of a network of destinations (“Transdanube.Pearls”) committed to sustainable mobility for tourists and inhabitants along the Danube which will support cooperation between different stakeholders from the transport and the tourism sector. This network will increase the visibility of the participating destinations offering their visitors the unique possibility to travel the Danube with sustainable means of transport.
The network of destinations aims at:
- Offering visitors the possibility to reach the Pearls without private car by better combining existing mobility services;
- Allowing visitors to travel the Pearl with new and improved sustainable means of transport developed and tested in the project;
- Providing the visitors with a sustainable option to travel to the next Pearl (or home);
- Providing user-friendly and easy accessible information on existing sustainable mobility services and tourism offers; and
- Empowering local and regional stakeholders to bring forward the concept of sustainable mobility in tourism beyond project lifetime.
The project brought together 15 main partners from 9 different countries:
- Environment Agency Austria (lead partner)
- WGD Danube Upper Austria Tourism Ltd.
- Regionalmanagement Burgenland Ltd.
- Danube Office Ulm/Neu-Ulm
- Bratislava Self-Governing Region
- West Pannon Regional and Economic Development Public Nonprofit Ltd
- Government of Baranya County
- City of Vukovar
- Regional Administration of Vidin Region
- Club "Sustainable Development of Civil Society" (CSDCS)
- National Institute for Research and Development in Tourism (NIRDT)
- The South-East Regional Development Agency
- Development agency Sinergija
- Dunavski centar za kompetenciju
- Regionalna agencija za razvoj istočne Srbije