MEDCYCLETOUR is a three year project that started in February 2017 and ends in May 2020. It takes place along the long-distance cycling route EuroVelo 8, which connects many destinations that are popular tourist attractions in their own right: Cádiz, Barcelona, Monaco, Venice, the Croatian Coast, Cyprus – the list goes on. It is little surprise therefore that the Mediterranean Route receives more interest than any other EuroVelo route. And whilst many of its destinations are already internationally famous, there are still lots of undiscovered gems to be found along the way, not least in Albania and Montenegro.
The ECF is one of 10 partners from 7 different countries covering the Mediterranean Route in its entire length:
- Andalusian Government – Agency of Public Works (lead partner)
- Andalusian Ministry of Development and Housing
- Catalonia Region
- Alpes Maritimes
- Friuli Venezia Giulia Region
- Province of Mantova
- Regional Development Center of Koper
- Croatian National Tourism Board
- Cluster for Eco-social Innovation and Development
- Cyprus Tourism Organisation
- Western Greece
The project also includes 8 associated partners: Liguria Region, City Council of Mantova, Emilia-Romagna Region, Province of Ferrara, Italian National Tourism Board, Girona Greenways Consortium, Veneto Region and Province of Malaga.