The Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) selected ECF´s project proposal: Silver Cyclist, last summer and the project started on September 1st 2015. While using the EuroVelo network as a backbone, tourist packages will be created catering to the specific needs of senior cyclists. The transnational cooperation also aims at extending touristic seasons, sharing best practices, facilitate sustainable public-private partnerships and encouraging seniors’ sense of European identity through international experiences.
During the project many activities will be carried out such as workshops with stakeholders, photo shooting campaigns of seniors cycling, signature of a charter of Silver Cyclists and the creation of a logo that recognises tourists products as Silver Cyclists friendly.
Last October 5th-6th the project kick off meeting was held in Cologne (Germany). Partners from 7 countries were attending this fruitful meeting setting up the project methodology, management tools, calendar of activities, etc.
- European Cyclists´ Federation (Belgium) Lead partner
- Confederación Española de Organizaciones de Mayores (Spain)
- Romantischer Rhein Tourismus GmbH (Germany)
- Vidzeme Tourism Association (Latvia)
- University of Central Lancashire (United Kingdom)
- Dansk Cikeltturisme (Denmark)
- Comune di Sermide (Italy)
- Fundación de los Ferrocarriles Españoles (Spain)