EuroVelo 19 - Meuse Cycle Route Long-term Management Agreement
The long-term management agreement provides a solid basis for the sustainability on the trans-national level and an opportunity for further developments in the fields of:
- Route infrastructure (route condition monitoring, signalisation, coordination, etc.)
- Public transport (cross border public transport information)
- Promotion (web portal, press work, social media, answer information requests, etc.)
- Monitoring (usage monitoring report)
- Organisational tasks (meetings, planning, reporting, accounting etc.)
The LTMA was signed for three years in 2019 and shall remain in force until 31st December 2021. The partners can agree on a 3 years extension after 2021.
ECF is the Secretariat of this LTMA that involves partners from 3 different countries, each of which has a national contact point representing the partners:
- Conseil Régional Grand Est and Comité Régional du Tourisme de Champagne-Ardenne – representing the French partners
- Pro Velo – representing the Belgian partners
- Stichting Landelijk Fietsplatform – representing the Ducth partners
EuroVelo 19 - Meuse Cycle Route was the third most popular EuroVelo route on the web platform www.EuroVelo.com in 2019, counting more than 130,000 sessions by over 110,000 unique users in total. Given that the route only joined the network in March 2019, this is a huge jump in popularity! The website is available in English, French, German and Dutch.
News articles, contents, maps, as well as services and bookable offers along the route are constantly updated in order to attract more users to the Meuse Cycle Route as their next cycle-tourism destination. The news articles can be easily shared, are inspirational and engage users, with a special emphasis on the time shortly before and during the cycling season.
Campaigns on social media include a yearly summer photo contest taking place on Instagram, which enjoys plenty of interest from users.
A brand new Esterbauer guide was also published in December 2019, providing detailed information and maps for cycle tourists interested in discovering the Meuse Cycle Route.